The Volvo: A brief update

I'm still alive. Life has been hectic, and while the wrenching has continued, my blogging has fallen behind.

Since I last wrote, there have been several major changes, along with countless minor ones:

  • I replaced the front struts and the rear shocks
  • I replaced the ball joints and bushings in the front, with poly where possible
  • I've started on replacing all the rear bushings
  • I changed the fluid in my transmission again
  • I changed the fluid in my differential
  • I replaced more vacuum lines
  • I replaced the O2 sensor
  • I replaced the distributor cap and rotor, along with the spark plug wires
  • I removed all of the remaining parts of my air conditioning system, including the condenser. As far as I'm concerned, the condenser was just preventing air from flowing into my intercooler as well.
  • I patched up the positive battery terminal, which someone had hacked apart at some point

In addition to all of that, I'm currently in the process of a few other projects:

  • I have an Isuzu NPR intercooler on order (thanks eBay)
  • I ordered an IPD lower chassis brace, which I'm waiting on because it's out of stock
  • I discovered that my driveshaft center carrier is shot

The last of those I discovered yesterday, and is going to be the first thing getting fixed. I've already ordered parts, so it should be resolved this week.

My hope is that by the end of the summer, I can have a new set of IPD sway bars installed, and have replaced the camshaft with the IPD Turbo performance camshaft.

I'm also hoping to actually write up a bit on the repairs I've done, but that's not a today task.

This article is my 42nd oldest. It is 300 words long